Operations Manager - EBD - Manchester
Salary: Up To £42,000 Per Year
Location: North West
Sector: Private Sector
Job Type: Permanent
Type of Service:
Job Ref: OJ 3408
Hampton's are currently working with a small residential company who are in need of an Operations Manager in the Greater Manchester region.
At present, they only have one children's home, but will look to open more in the near future.
This is a home-based role, where you'd be required to travel at least 2 days a week.
- Be the Responsible Individual for the service.
- Provide line management for the Children's Homes Registered Managers and oversee the operation of the service.
- Conduct visits and give feedback to Registered Managers regarding performance and outcomes, including providing supervisions.
- Work with a therapeutic approach and support the integration of therapeutic services.
- Report to the Director, working closely to ensure the provision of a progressive service.
- Complete audits within the homes, oversee quality assurance systems and produce reports to support the ongoing development of the service.
- Assist the Managers with inspections (reg44/Ofsted/compliance visits etc.) and helping action any recommendations post inspections
- Contribute to the training and development of staff to meet the needs of Young People residing in the Children's Homes.
- Keep abreast of research, legislation and practice in order to ensure best practice and disseminate information amongst the workforce.
- Be involved in the development and registration of additional residential homes when required.
- Develop professional relationships with partnership agencies in order to help achieve the best outcomes for the home.
- Hold a QCF5 Leadership and Management in Residential Childcare (or equivalent).
- Experience of managing a children's home regulated by Ofsted, or experience as a Regional Manager/RI.
- Managing budgets and reviewing referrals for young people from Local Authorities.
- Previous experience of setting up new residential children's homes is desirable.
- You must be able to register as the Ofsted registered Responsible Individual our children's residential homes and have substantial experience of working to Ofsted requirements in this sector (either as RI or as an RM in the past).
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
- Being motivated, flexible and having a strong sense of responsibility are essential.
Salary: up to £42k (dependent on experience) + bonuses + laptop
(N.B: the salary will be reviewed as the service grows)
If you are interested in this position or would like to have a confidential discussion to find out further details, please call Oliver on 01926 354 601
Hampton's Resourcing prides itself on creating opportunities for Social Care Senior Managers to challenge themselves to continually develop their skills and experience. Our aim is to consistently find work for the most talented individuals within Children's and Adults Social Care services, across the UK
Click here to apply