Registered Manager - BRAND NEW EBD HOME - Newark
Salary: Up To £40,000 Per Year
Location: East Midlands
Sector: Private Sector
Job Type: Permanent
Type of Service:
Job Ref: OJ 4026
Hampton's are currently working with a not-for-profit agency who require a Registered Manager for a BRAND NEW CHILDREN'S HOME in Newark.
This company will consider either an established Registered Manager looking for an eventual step-up to a Regional role or a Deputy Manager looking for a step-up.
- To be the Registered Manager for allocated Children's Residential Home so that the physical, emotional and safety needs of children and young people are protected, safeguarded and promoted.
- Work within Government Guidance; Children's Homes Regulations, Local Authority guidance and the Association's policies and procedures in order to meet Quality Standards and achieve the desired outcomes for young people and children in the homes.
- Ensure quality assurance and compliance and ensure that the Children's Residential Care home operate within best practice, Children's Home Regulations and Quality Standards.
- Provide management, support and direction to the staff working in the Residential Care home to ensure appropriate and effective staffing at all times.
- Support the development of an organisational culture that puts the Core Values - Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility - at the centre of all we do.
Responsibilities in brief:
- Ensure that the home is registered and managed in a way which: meets the Quality Standards for children's homes as defined in the Children's Homes Regulations 2015, promotes children's welfare and safeguards their wellbeing, creates a positive physical and emotional environment where children and young people can achieve their potential
- Ensure, within the resources available to the homes, that resident young people receive a high standard of physical and emotional care.
- Care is provided within an environment which positively integrates race, spirituality, gender, disability and sexual orientation and meets individual needs.
- Responsible for the line management of allocated staff and to provide management and leadership for the residential service team.
- Work closely with the senior managers in Childrens Residential Care and be jointly responsible for the management of the home's budgets and for the maintenance and monitoring of all financial records and reports.
- Responsible for the administration and orderly running of the home including the ordering and control of supplies and services; administrative procedures and written records and reports.
- Ensure that Fire and Health & Safety procedures are known to all and adhered to by the staff team and to undertake regular audits.
- See that the young people are included as fully as possible in decisions affecting them and the running of the homes.
- Ensure that senior management are kept up to date in relation to important matters relating to the running of the homes and the young people we care for.
- Maintain a knowledge base of issues relating to the area of service, including legislative requirements, practice issues and procedural developments in both Association and national contexts; ensuring that the staff are kept informed of these issues and practices and procedures are updated as required.
- Positively represent the homes and the children who live there, within the Association, within the community and with partner agencies to ensure that the children and young people maximise their life chances through the opportunities of multi-agency involvement.
- Liaise with the local community to ensure that the homes integrate appropriately.
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management or willingness to work towards it
- Experience at managerial level within residential
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Up to date knowledge of the latest regulations
- Willingness to be flexible
- Driving Licence
Salary: up to £40k (dependent on experience)
If you are interested in this position or would like to have a confidential discussion to find out further details, then please email your CV or call Oliver on 01926 354601.
Hampton's Resourcing prides itself on creating opportunities for Social Care Senior Managers to challenge themselves to continually develop their skills and experience. Our aim is to consistently find work for the most talented individuals within Children's and Adults Social Care services, across the UK
Click here to apply