Registered Manager - EBD - Leicester
Salary: Circa £40,000 Per Year
Location: East Midlands
Sector: Private Sector
Job Type: Permanent
Type of Service:
Job Ref: OJ 3954
Hampton's are currently recruiting for a permanent Residential Children's Home Manager for a small care company in the Leicester area. The home is currently rated 'Requires Improvement' with Ofsted.
This company aims to provide a safe haven in which children and young people can learn appropriate life skills and behaviour. The children and young people are given the best opportunities available, in order to enable them to reach their full potential.
- To take responsibility and accountability for the residential environment, children and the quality of care provision through:
- Ensuring that Senior RSW staff and their subordinates are adequately trained and skilled so that they can actively participate and deliver "outstanding "in line with the 'Every Child Matters' Agenda and provide support to all RSW's
- Leading and directing staff in their duties so that they can support and deliver the Residential Operational Strategy and apply themselves fully to their role.
- Contribute to the strategic and business planning of the service, its development, policies, procedures and implementation of quality assurance systems.
- Promoting and engaging in positive relationships with Local Authorities and other agencies to promote the Companies services with a view to maintaining occupancy levels.
- Ensuring that the healthcare, educational and welfare needs of the child/ young persons are consistently being met as a consequence of strong daily management.
- Safe and positive behaviour management strategies are appropriately deployed and that the Senior RSW's are effectively managing and overseeing all relevant paperwork to a satisfactory standard.
- Implement and evaluate specific programmes which provide a positive framework for the effective management of individual / group behaviours
- Awareness of and regularly checking the log of all accidents, incidents of physical intervention and sanctions applied to the children/young people and to challenge inappropriate practice if and when it arises.
- To lead on case reviews where necessary and to provide support and assistance when difficulties arise to less experienced members of staff.
- To suitably establish, sustain and positively engage with families of service users when in a professional capacity and it is appropriate to do so, but equally have the capacity to disengage accordingly.
Applicants must have the following:
- Level 5 Diploma in Management or equivalent
- Ability to demonstrate experience within a managerial capacity.
- Experience of working in a residential setting is essential
- Strong leadership and management skills, including the ability to delegate effectively.
- Excellent organisational and management skills.
- An ability to effectively and confidently conduct employee relations issues such as; disciplinary, grievance, performance management, supervision, appraisals etc.
- Ability to conduct a wide range of audits.
- An ability to work both under own initiative and as part of a management team and overall team whilst maintaining professional relationship boundaries with non-management staff.
- An in depth knowledge and understanding of the Children's Homes Regulations and other child legislation.
- Ability to oversee the development of care delivery to children and young people.
- A good understanding of complex issues surrounding children and young people with disabilities and associated needs.
Salary: circa £40k + bonuses (negotiable, dependent on experience and outcomes)
If you are Interested in this position or would like to have a confidential discussion to find out further details, please email your CV or call Oliver Jones on - 01926 354 601
Hampton's Resourcing prides itself on creating opportunities for Social Care Senior Managers to challenge themselves to continually develop their skills and experience. Our aim is to consistently find work for the most talented individuals within Children's and Adults Social Care services, across the UK
Click here to apply