Registered Manager - LD - Nottingham
Salary: Up To £35,000 Per Year
Location: East Midlands
Sector: Private Sector
Job Type: Permanent
Type of Service:
Job Ref: OJ 3539
Hampton's are working with a small residential company who are in need of a Registered Manager in Nottingham, for a Residential Home for children and young people with Learning Disability needs. The home is currently rated 'Good' by Ofsted.
To ensure that…
- They meet the requirements of the post and the Children's Homes Regulations 2015 the Registered Manager will ensure that staff seek to involve each child's placing authority effectively in the child's care, in accordance with the child's relevant plans.
- Children receive care from staff who understand the children's home's overall aims and the outcomes it seeks to achieve for children.
- Staff ascertain and consider each child's views, wishes and feelings, and balance these against what they judge to be in the child's best interest when making decisions about the child's care and welfare.
- Children make measurable progress towards achieving their educational potential and are helped to do so.
- Children take part in and benefit from a variety of activities that meet their needs and develop and reflect their creative, cultural, intellectual, physical and social interests and skills.
- The health and well-being needs of children are met.
- Children are helped to develop, and to benefit from relationships based on mutual respect and trust, an understanding about acceptable behaviour and positive responses to other children and adults.
- Children are protected from harm and enabled to keep themselves safe.
- The staff work as a team and ensure that they have the experience, qualifications and skills to meet the needs of each child.
- The home has sufficient staff to provide care for each child and ensure that the home provides continuity of care to each child.
- Monitoring and review systems are used to make continuous improvements in the quality of care provided in the home. Attention to detail is vital in this role. There is an expectation that the Registered Manager has an eye for detail in the completion of all tasks.
- Children receive effectively planned care and will have a positive experience of arriving at or moving on from the home.
- Undertake such continuing professional development as is necessary to ensure that they have the skills needed for managing the home.
- Staff are recruited using procedures that are designed to ensure children's safety.
- All staff receive regular professional supervision which is reflective and solution focused in its approach.
- Take a lead on the implementation, review and monitoring of the home's policies, procedures and guidance.
- Each child's case records are maintained, regularly updated and reviewed.
- They support the Independent persons monthly visits to the home and ensure that any recommended actions are responded to within the given time scales.
- Complete a review of the quality of care provided for children and prepare a 'quality of care review report' at least once every 6 months.
- Managerial experience within a residential children's home.
- Experience of working with children with learning disability and associated challenging behaviour.
- Ability to work as part of a team within the home and across the company
- To hold a minimum Level 3 child and young people qualification.
- Ideally Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Child Care - or willingness to complete
- To have up to date knowledge of The Children's Homes Regulations 2015 (as referred to in the job description) and other relevant child care legislation, government guidance and best practice
- Willingness to be flexible
Salary: up to £35k (dependent on experience)
If you are interested in this position or would like to have a confidential discussion to find out further details, please email your CV or call Oliver Jones - 01926 354 601
Hampton's Resourcing prides itself on creating opportunities for Social Care Senior Managers to challenge themselves to continually develop their skills and experience. Our aim is to consistently find work for the most talented individuals within Children's and Adults Social Care services, across the UK
Click here to apply