Registered Nurse Manager - Darlington
Salary: Circa £48,000 Per Year
Location: North East
Sector: Private Sector
Job Type: Permanent
Type of Service:
Hampton's Resourcing are currently working with a small to medium private care company, to assist them with the recruitment of a Registered Manager for their 64 bedded nursing home in Darlington.
The Registered Manager will report into Head of Care and will take operational responsibility for all aspects of the day to day running of the home and provide leadership and direction in order to return the home to being compliant ,by motivating and engaging the staff team to be part of this process and ultimately being part of and reaping the rewards of its successful turnaround. You will demonstrate a person centered approach that fosters self-awareness, personal growth and gives each person the strongest voice with regards to decision making and lifestyle choices.
The home is currently rated Requires Improvement with CQC and needs a strong and experienced clinical manager to turn the service around and provide the stability that it needs for both the service users and the staff team.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- To be responsible as the Registered Manager for the day to day running of the home. Maintaining compliance of all statutory and mandatory requirements.
- To promote a caring environment through high standards of professional practice which are conducive to the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs
- To provide person centered care in a safe, warm, friendly environment
- To ensure that each person receives the care appropriate to their individual needs
- To implement the requirements of the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in accordance with the Care Standards Act 2000 and the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- To be responsible for all aspects of Human Resources to include recruitment, supervision, training and to report any potential disciplinary matters to the Regional Operations Manager
- To carry out any investigation or disciplinary hearings with staff as they occur
- To ensure monthly audits are completed with action plans in place should the audit identify gaps in quality or compliance
- To ensure a person centered care plan is drawn up before admission of the new service user, then ensure the care plan is reviewed correctly each month or upon any changes making sure the service user and any significant other is involved.
- To promote relationships which enable each person to participate in social activities within the home and in the life of the local community to the maximum of their ability.
Candidates suitable for this post will be able to demonstrate:
- The successful candidate will have been previously registered with the Care Quality Commission and held either a rating of GOOD or OUTSTANDING
- You will have a passion and ethos for high quality care and the desire to provide stability to the residents and staff team
- You will have strong leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate teams along with a strong commercial awareness
- You will have excellent knowledge of Dementia and Nursing Care for Older People
- Nurse Qualification RGN/RMN
- 2 years minimum of management experience
- Experience in turning around a failing service.
Salary: c£48,000 + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Click here to apply
In return you will receive a discretionary bonus + all relevant training / qualifications will be expensed.