Registered Manager - BRAND NEW HOME - Derby
Salary: Up To £45,000 Per Year
Location: East Midlands
Sector: Local Authority
Job Type: Permanent
Type of Service:
Job Ref: OJ 4382
Hampton's are proud to be working with a Local Authority in the East Midlands who are in need of a Registered Manager for a BRAND NEW CHILDREN'S HOME in Derby.
You will be given a huge amount of autonomy with the opening of this home, with the advantage of being well-supported by the Head of Service when required.
This is an exciting time for the council as they look to expand by opening more homes and therefore more opportunities arising in the future.
Salary: up to £45k (dependent on experience)
To be the Ofsted Registered Manager for the Childrens Home, being accountable for the development and delivery of high quality residential services to children, young people and their families which improve outcomes and that are fully compliant with legislative and regulatory requirements particularly The Children's Homes Regulations and Quality Standards 2015.
Be a positive and motivational leader, developing and managing a team, ensuring all colleagues work effectively with children, young people, families and all staff.
- The strategic overview and vision of the Council is embedded in the home's practice and culture and that you take the lead in ensuring an open culture, one in which young people feel represented and are listened to.
- You and all staff have a shared planning approach in partnership with children, their relatives, carers and other professionals involved in their care.
- The health needs of young people are assessed and provided for, developing and maintaining effective working partnerships with health professionals and ensure that participation in a range of therapeutic, social and recreational activities/opportunities for individual or groups of young people is encouraged.
- Quality assure to meet compliance with legal Ofsted requirements and internal and external monitoring arrangements
- Accountability for placement matching, assessing risk of each placement, ensuring safe and defensible decision making to protect the safety of each young person being placed in the home.
- Oversee the management of all the children's individual support packages to ensure that they continue to be relevant and responsive to the individuals' needs and wishes
- The Educational needs of children in residence are assessed and provided for.
- All safeguarding legislation, policies and procedures are adhered to, that all safeguarding risks are acted upon immediately and the relevant action taken to mitigate the risk.
- Develop and maintain high standards of communication with all key stakeholders, working in partnership with others, building trust, respect and lasting relationships, increasing employee engagement, motivation and satisfaction.
- All staff are trained and developed in line with statutory legislation and timescales, ensuring that training undertaken is relevant, robust and effective and that the training program is dynamic, adaptive to the needs of current residents.
- Complaints are handled quickly, effectively and sensitively.
- All records are clear, consistent and professional and are stored and held in adherence to GDPR and Childrens Regulations.
- The physical buildings, fixtures and fittings are maintained to a high standard and in good decorative order and is secure. Responsibility to ensure that the Home and respective grounds are of a standard to support/accommodate the young people.
- Keep up to date on any legislative changes and disseminate this information throughout the service as required, including recommending policy revision.
- Responsibility for budget management and ensuring that they comply with financial regulations and internal and external audits undertaken in respect of this area.
- Proven experience and outcomes with Ofsted as a Registered Children's Home Manager
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management
Salary: up to £45k (dependent on experience)
If you are interested in this position or would like to have a confidential discussion to find out further details, please call Oliver on 01926 354 601
Hampton's Resourcing prides itself on creating opportunities for Social Care Senior Managers to challenge themselves to continually develop their skills and experience. Our aim is to consistently find work for the most talented individuals within Children's and Adults Social Care services, across the UK
Click here to apply