Family Placement - Social Worker / Senior Social Worker
Salary: Up To £42,000 Per Year
Location: South East
Sector: Local Authority
Job Type: Permanent
Type of Service:
Family Placement – Social Worker / Senior Social Worker
Purpose of role:
Provide high quality and effective services to children, young people and families.
- Provision of effective and high-quality Safeguarding services for children and young people at risk of harm
- Delivery of high-quality support and challenge to schools, recognising the Council’s enduring responsibility to promote the best outcomes possible for its children and students
- Assurance that the Council is effective, ambitious and successful as a Corporate Parent to the children and young people in its care
- Development and implementation of effective strategic commissioning for children and adults, working effectively with partners to secure good outcomes
- Delivery of effective and efficient services offering good value for money
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Hold key-worker responsibility for a caseload of carers and potential carers in assessment. The children involved will be:
- ‘in need’ or
- “looked after” by the Council or
- subject to a child protection plan
- Receive referrals and ensure that appropriate and timely action is taken, in accordance with Wokingham’s procedures.
- Carry out thorough assessments within set time scales.
- Ensure that all information is regularly updated on both electronic and paper systems.
- Ensure that all work carried out is in accordance with the requirements of the performance management structure and guidelines
- Ensure the family, child and carer are involved where possible in all decision making and information sharing , working in a person-centred way (including addressing cultural and communication needs) ensuring choices and aspirations are acknowledged and that a professional and respectful response is given to all service users, colleagues and partnership workers at all times.
- Participate in appropriate activities and learning to develop own professional expertise, and develop and improve services, maintaining up to date knowledge of statutory and regulatory requirements and good practice.
- At all times, to promote and safeguard the welfare of children who live or access services in, or who are looked after by, Wokingham Borough Council.
Candidates suitable for this post will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of working in a collaborative and successful manner
- Demonstrates individual accountability and collective responsibility
- Always acts in the best interests of the Council and the communities the Council serves
- Takes a Council-wide and community view in decision making and activity
- Ensures that own service / team delivers the necessary support to achieve collective Council-wide priorities
- Actively engages with debate, discussion and decision making, demonstrating ‘high challenge, high support’ behaviour
Candidates will have a recognised professional Social Work qualification e.g. DipSW, BASW etc. and registration with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Effective IT skills to make optimum use of available communication media to disseminate information and maintain computer based records
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including face to face communication and written work.
- Problem solving skills and ability to deal with sensitive issues, manage conflicting views and expectations and cope with unpredictable issues and behaviour.
- Ability to work alone and unsupervised at times, yet also work effectively as part of a team.
- Critical reflection and analysis
- Investigation and assessment skills
Salary & Benefits Package:
- Up to £42,000 per annum
- Excellent in house and external training opportunities
- Pension and benefits
If you are Interested in this position or would like to have a confidential discussion to find out further details, please email your CV or call Daniel Careless: 01926 356 547
Hampton's Resourcing prides itself on creating opportunities for Senior Managers to challenge themselves to continually develop their skills and experience. Our aim is to consistently find work for the most talented individuals within Children's and Adults Social Care services, across the UK