Registered Manager - EBD - Corby
Salary: Up To £38,000 Per Year
Location: East Midlands
Sector: Private Sector
Job Type: Permanent
Type of Service:
Job Ref: OJ 2995
Hampton's are working with a small residential company who are in need of a Registered Manager for a BRAND NEW children's home in Corby.
Purpose of the role:
- Responsible for setting the home up 'from scratch'; shaping and delivering the home's Statement of Purpose, recruiting and managing a team to achieve the best outcomes for those in your care.
- Provide high quality care services that supports the needs of the children and young people, to be an advocate for their well-being and to provide strong, motivational leadership to staff.
- Support children and young people who have complex behavioural, emotional and social difficulties. Your focus will be centred on the needs of each child.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Produce a development plan for the service that ensures the delivery of high quality practice.
- Assist and supervise in the continual assessment of the needs of the children and young people and to identify and prepare specific development plans to ensure the most appropriate service provision.
- Support staff to achieve the highest standards of care for the children and young people.
- Contribute to the development of appropriate relationships with and between staff, young people and other stakeholders.
- Responsibility for safeguarding and promoting individual rights, providing good quality care which is free from oppression and where differences are respected and valued.
- Promote appropriate and therapeutic relationships between staff and young people and their families, promoting the young people's involvement and participation in the day-to-day life of the Home.
- Liaise with the various internal and external multi-disciplinary teams and commissioning authorities to ensure that the care needs of children and young people are met.
- Co-ordinate and monitor casework and administrative functions of the home and evaluate standards of performance.
- Be involved in recruitment of staff including vetting, interviewing and inducting new employees.
- Contribute to a comprehensive staff training and development programme to enable the service to have available all necessary skills and levels of expertise to meet the needs of the young people.
- Ensure at all times that professional ethics and behaviour are demonstrated by all staff at all times. Actively co-ordinate the service provision and be a focal point for support, advice and coaching to all staff within the Home.
- Assist in the management, appraisal, supervision and support of all residential staff.
- Minimum QCF Level 5 or equivalent in Childcare
- Proven experience at managerial level
- Positive dealings with OFSTED
- Experience in the setting up of a brand new home
- Full UK driving licence
Salary: up to £38k (dependent on experience)
If you are Interested in this position or would like to have a confidential discussion to find out further details, please email your CV or call Oliver Jones on - 01926 354 601
Hampton's Resourcing prides itself on creating opportunities for Social Care Senior Managers to challenge themselves to continually develop their skills and experience. Our aim is to consistently find work for the most talented individuals within Children's and Adults Social Care services, across the UK
Click here to apply